Endorsement and Approval
Plan the endorsement pathway
- this is one of the actions that a Document Manager will consider during the consultation step in the Policy Framework Procedure
Endorsement may be sought from one, or a number of, Committees. The Terms of Reference of a Committee will indicate if certain subject matters must be considered by that Committee.
Many draft policies and procedures will require endorsement by the Academic Board. This includes:
- Academic policies and procedures
- all policy developed under the Research Policy Framework
- all policy developed under the Higher Degree Research Policy Framework .
In addition Section 4.2.1 of the Register of Delegations
describes the areas of policy that must be recommended for approval by the Academic Board.
Governance will publish some typical endorsement pathways (watch this space).
Codes of Conduct are approved by UNSW Council.
Policies may only be approved by the President and Vice-Chancellor, or by UNSW Council.
Standards, Procedures and Guidelines are approved in accordance with Section 4.2.3 of the Register of Delegations
- President and Vice-Chancellor
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- or a Nominee of any of the foregoing under Section 4.2.4.